[Bf-funboard] Too many vertex lines

Karl Kühberger kuehberger at gmx.net
Tue Apr 18 11:00:52 CEST 2006

Am 18.04.2006 um 10:32 schrieb alex:

> On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 hovergo at net-tech.com.au wrote:
>
>> Hello all
>> I created a 4 mm thick sheet using cube (Thanks to edge measurements)
>> I created a cylinder through the cube sheet to drill a hole series
>> of various sized holes in the sheet (cube).
>> In object mode, Select the sheet then the cylinder.
>> When using boolean operation in blender to subtract (difference)
>> a  cylinder from a cube I get a lot of extraeneous vertex lines
>> and need  to get rid of them.
>
> Sorry, I just tried that and don't see a single unnecessary,
> extraneous
> "vertex line". Keep in mind that blender only supports triangles
> and quads.

I have tried boolean in various situations on windows and mac osx.
On windows mostly I got those extraneous edges too, while on mac
osx everything seems to be ok.

But another problem appears on both Mac and Windows. If I've cut out
some simple cubes out of another cube (i.e. windows in a wall),
sometime it stops to be possible and I get always get the message
  "Both mesh must be a closed mesh".  All the meshes should been
still closed, because, I just made a boolean difference with simple
cubes (example: wall with windows). I have controlled the meshes and
couldn't find any hole.