[Bf-funboard] About B-Key and LMB gestures

malefico andauer the3d_hut at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Sep 26 17:10:57 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have posted a couple of mesgs both in blender.org
forums and elysiun proposing an alternative behaviour
for LMB dragging.

What I proposed is to have an optional behaviour which
is drawing a selection box instead of entering a
gesture command. Though this change might not be a
nice thing for gesture users, it would help to make
Blender's UI more standard. I believe that having an
User Preference option for this could be an useful
addition, leaving gestures behaviour as default to
avoid disruption in gesture-users workflow.

There has been interesting counter-proposals in both
threads that you might consider as well.

Please take a look at the discussions if you haven't
already, here are the links:

the original proposal:
http://www.blender3d.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6948&sid=9df1de7c04f71ad2530292e7cc716de5

a funny poll: