[Bf-funboard] Border Render Hotkeys

Nathan Allworth dittobox at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 21:56:11 CEST 2005

I've noticed this myself, I use border render almost all the time.
It's very annoying to go back into render buttons everytime I want to
turn this off.

Two solutions it seems: Shift+B + Shift+B. Shift+B turns on Border
render mode and lets you select an area to render (if a camera view is
activated, lest it does nothing). If Border Render mode is set to ON
then Shift+B lets you select a different area to render, while ESC
lets you cancel the action going back to your original selection,
while in Border Render Select mode one can hit Shift+B a second time
immediately exiting Border Render Select mode and then turning off
border select. This is a bit complicated and slightly redundent
though.

Alt+B in 3dView doesn't appear to be used right now in the 3dView in
2.37a. Ctrl+Foo is usually an activator whereas Alt+Foo appears to
deactivate, go back or generally disable certain features. Alt+B seems
more sensible to me than Ctrl+B or two Shift+Bs.

It would be nice to have this done in some fashion though.

On 9/24/05, Chris Burt <desoto at blender.spaceisbig.com> wrote:

> Emilie came to the realization today that even though there's a hotkey
> to *enable* border render, there doesn't seem to be one to *disable*
> border render. Doesn't this seem counterintuitive? You have to press the
> button to disable it but there's a nice hotkey to turn it on. I think it
> would be quicker if there were also a hot-key to shut it off.
>
> Possible Solution:
> CTRL B
> SHIFT B SHIFT B (akin to RR and BB)
>
> Comments?