[Bf-funboard] New and impressive tools from polyboost

Petter Myrlid Sundnes post at petter.ms
Fri Sep 23 18:00:45 CEST 2005

The distortion seems to come when applying spherical textureMode, so if you use
spherical unwrap in any 3D application (be it LightWave, Maya or Cinema4D), you
wont have the distortion.

I can make you a W3D with an embedded UV on it if you want...

I am not sure if the Panolusion engine is using a spherical sky-sphere, or a
skybox, but it is possible to render out 6 images from an original spherical
image, and apply them on a box (same visual result, but using less polygons).

Petter

http://www.reflex-sim.dyndns.org/reflex-sim/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=XTR5021&id=3dm1