[Bf-funboard] Normal facing modelling tool idea

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Mon Jan 17 08:27:51 CET 2005

Hi, somtimes I have a set of faces to which no logical normal (as in
face flipping mode) is logicaly assigned.
For eg, if I have many free planes in some arrangemeny for an explosion,
there is no logical way to "calc normals outside"
However, I may know whick way I want my normals to face.
Rather then doing this 1 by 1 I thaught there could be a new option/tool.

"Flip faces towards cursor"
"Flip faces away from cursor"

This would allow accurate manipulation of the normals without the mesh
necessarly being solid.
Any objections?
- Cam

--