[Bf-funboard] Better mapping features

Bart bart at neeneenee.de
Fri Jan 14 23:43:01 CET 2005

I compared Blenders Mapping features with some of 3dsMax and think these
features would make mapping and texturing much better:

- using subsurf it would be great if UV/Image Editor showing the Subsurf
	mesh and not the original. So you must not convert SubSurf to
	mesh to be able to map this.
- it would be great if it was possible changing the texture space and
	position for simple orco mapping in depending of global X,Y,Z of
	the object instead of depending on the plane of the image (xy,
	xz, yz)
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2132&group_id=9&atid=125
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/download.php/9/125/2132/564/texturesize.gif

I think this would make mapping much easier and simple mapping much more
  usefull and effectiv.

Karamba!
Bart.

Blender Feature Proposal: