[Bf-funboard] New mesh structure

joeedh joeeagar at prodigy.net
Fri Jan 14 22:03:24 CET 2005

[First, the wiki page:
http://wiki.blender.org/bin/view.pl/Blenderdev/NewMesh]

Hi.  While implementing my new mesh structure, I've run into a little
functionality issue: Should this new mesh type require an enclosed mesh
at all times, or not.   The half-edge data structure can be modified to
allow for non-enclosed meshes (e.g. planes) but I'm not sure how
important this is.  So I guess what I'm asking for is feedback on this
issue.  That way I can decide if I'll make sure the current codebase
will be able to deal with that before or after I submit the pre-alpha to
tuhopuu in a few weeks (after which I'll begin some code cleanup).

joeedh