[Bf-funboard] How about some good integrated effects...

Robert Wenzlaff rwenzlaff at soylent-green.com
Sat Jan 8 08:25:04 CET 2005

On Saturday 08 January 2005 02:05, zippy wrote:

> There are lots of example files floating around but keeping files and
> files and then trying to remember to append them constantly is counter
> productive.

This is where my "push" library idea come in.  A library should work both
ways.  While looking at any file, you should be able to save a portion  to a
specified library file (one for  objects, texture, material, whatever....) so
you always know where it is.

You would define default .blends for each type of datablock in the UserPrefs
(like you define default locations for plugins).  "From Library" would be
under just about every instance of "Add New".  It would start you off in your
default .blend file for that type of datablock.  The select window would have
the ".." option to go up a level to browse to other files.

Now if we had some way to organize heirarchies inside .blend files, so we
could group all the "metalic" materials etc.

If I only had about 6 more hours a day....
Robert Wenzlaff   rwenzlaff at soylent-green.com