[Bf-funboard] How about some good integrated effects...

zippy trip at spymac.com
Sat Jan 8 08:05:42 CET 2005

> Well, I guess this is my cue to make my bi-monthly "What we really
> need is a
> more integrated plug-in system" speech.  The average user should not
> be able
> to tell if a tool is a python script, a texture.dll, or a built in
> tool -
> other than possibly having to clicking the "download extra modeling
> tools"
> and or "download extra animation tools" button on the Blender site.

All of that said. there should be one new window that holds all of
these effects and menus so you can see a small quick example work area
that shows a close proximity of what will happen on the stage.

Or... We could take a page from Motion and use drag and drop attach
effects for objects and the floating N menu could have all of the basic
controls that alter the effect.

The idea would be some much cleaner and a nice origination of 'effect
primitives'

We could have all of these without physics yet.
expositions
water
wobble
basic directional movement
scale
rotate
fire
smoke
shake
ice
break
stick
and so forth...

There are lots of example files floating around but keeping files and
files and then trying to remember to append them constantly is counter
productive.

Eh just ideas..