[Bf-funboard] How about some good integrated effects...

MitsuNishimura at aol.com MitsuNishimura at aol.com
Sat Jan 8 00:53:59 CET 2005

Hey guys,

    I'm trying to put together a small movie for a game that i'm working on.
I've spent a lot of time studying the special effects used on many different
games and how they can be achieved with other software suits. I know that there
are many different effect plugins available through the python scripts, but i
think it would be an excellent idea to integrate some good special effects
into the hard coded blender program. Some good effects i would like to see are
perhaps automated fibers generator for things like hair, grass, and clothing,
perhaps some special particle effects generators like snow, fire, and other
common particle systems, and perhaps a special effects generator that does
certain camera effects like Depth of Field, blurring, and animated camera pans. I
know how to do some of these things in blender already, but having these
features integrated would make it much easier on people who want to model, texture,
and animate by themselves.  Thanks for listening guys!

Nishimura