[Bf-funboard] Re: Merge Tool

GSR - FR famrom at infernal-iceberg.com
Sun Feb 20 23:09:13 CET 2005

Hi,
fred at mentalwarp.com (2005-02-20 at 2213.38 +0100):
> on an azerty keyboard, alt-M requires both hands to be performed, it is
> not the most practical hotkey....

Well, different layout are going to cause problems and adventages,
that is unavoidable. In a qwerty it can be performed (if someone can
not, then he must have problems with control-v too) while pressing "&"
seems easier in azerty, and so on.

[...]
> I think that generally speaking the number of clicks required to perform
> operations in blender is too high. blender could be even faster if
> popups like these were moved in less disturbing places.

I think the number of clicks has gone worse in Blender as time has
passed, but this is not the worst by far, your click is not need at
all. Blender has other things in which clicking a tiny target is the
only way, no gesture, keycombo or different interface avaliable, this
lets you choose, one being simple, shake your mouse.

GSR