[Bf-funboard] Re: Merge Tool

GSR - FR famrom at infernal-iceberg.com
Sun Feb 20 22:08:14 CET 2005

Hi,
joeeagar at prodigy.net (2005-02-20 at 1211.34 -0800):
> Hi, the merge tool right now is sortof annoying and bad workflow-wise.
> Right now you have to:
> - press W
> - select Merge (or press the number corrusponding to it)
> - usually select Center
> - click after the tool displays "Removed X Verts," or press 1.
> I think the W menu should have Merge Center and Merge At Cursor entries,
> and the "Removed X Verts" part of it should be dropped.  So, to merge
> verts a user would:

Why remove the notification in WKEY one? It is the way to see it is
merging what you expected, not more and not less. It goes away with a
shake of the mouse, no click or key press required.

And what submenu are you talking about? I just tried CVS and T3 and it
is WKEY, select Remove Doubles, shake mouse. You are mixing Alt-M and
WKEY, I think. In that case the notification is less important, but
still informative.

GSR