[Bf-funboard] recuring transformations of duplications

Robert Christian rchristian at mlode.com
Sat Feb 19 08:35:40 CET 2005

Hi all, this is my first submission. This is a feature in xsi (where I
get most of my ideas from, since I used to have a student copy). In xsi,
if the user duplicates and object, and then transforms it, whether it be
translation, rotation, or scalling, every duplication that follow will
have the same transforms applied again. So if I want to quickly lay some
rail road ties down, instead of using dupliverts, this would be a lot
faster. I just duplicate and move the object, and then duplicate,
duplicate, duplicate... However many I want, real fast like that. Of
course the user might not always want that. In xsi, you freeze the
history of the object before duplicating it and this effect doesn't
occur, iirc. Blender would need to use a pop-up menu I suppose. What
this gives you that dupliverts and dupliframes don't, are the rotation
and scalling changes. Although I'm sure it can be done, this way is
really fast.

Also, the new curve deform option doesn't seem to make use of the curve
twist (tilt) feature. It would be really nice if it did.

-wavez