[Bf-funboard] Re: Thread kidnapping and Re: vectorial motion blur

GSR - FR famrom at infernal-iceberg.com
Fri Feb 11 17:59:58 CET 2005

Hi,
matt at mke3.net (2005-02-10 at 0958.39 +1100):
> One thing that might be possible for speeding things up is if you only
> re-render the bounding boxes of motion blurred objects, instead of the
> whole frame. Sure this would mean a lack of blurred shadows,
> reflections, etc, but as a time-saving hack it may work ok in some
> cases?

Yes, it is an option when the camera is static and changes are only of
the geometry in front. But I guess you will get clear discontinuities
in the edges of the renders. And still has the problem of ghosts.

My interpolation with difference matting approach has problems with
shadows too, things get a bit blured there, but I think it could be
partially fixed by smarter matting.

GSR