[Bf-funboard] Workplane?

Mal mal at candomultimedia.com
Mon Feb 7 23:33:55 CET 2005

Yep, I could have shown him how to split the panes, and set up a few
ortho views within them, and then told him to always use these viewports
only for adding new objects, but I didn't want to "feature overload" him
right at the start.

The other way ( resetting rotation ) seemed a bit more straightforward,
but not as straightforward as just adding the objects, and having them
in the position he expected them to be in every single time.

It might be an interesting project for some of the developers to sit
down with a friend or relation who is interested in 3D, and has little
or no 3D skills, and try to show them how to create say a basic 3D
environment.  You'll then get an appreciation of how a few quirks of
Blender makes it very difficult for new users to pickup, and these
quirks could be easily resolved ( especially if they were toggle-able
options, where the advanced user could toggle them off again if required )

Mal