[Bf-funboard] Shadow colors

joeedh joeeagar at prodigy.net
Thu Feb 3 14:07:58 CET 2005

joeedh wrote:

> Konrad Haenel wrote:
>
>> I can only agree here. Although it might not be one of those flashy
>> features it would surely be useful.
>>
>> Bart wrote:
>

> This is an issue of how you set up your lights, I think.
>
> joeedh

Eh, I don't mean that in a bad way; I usually use AO and little else.

What I mean is, the shadow "color" is the color of all the lamps
combined, except for those in shadow.  So altering the shadow color can
be done by having lots of lights (so there arn't any places in 100%
shadow), or use a small emit value.  Both of these will let a small
amount of the underlying material color shine through.

joeedh