[Bf-funboard] Re: Unified editmode

Jean Montambeault iaminnocent at videotron.ca
Sat Dec 31 06:36:20 CET 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "GSR" <gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com>
To: <bf-funboard at projects.blender.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2005 12:03 AM
Subject: [Bf-funboard] Re: Unified editmode

> Hi,
> letterrip at gmail.com (2005-12-30 at 1951.12 -0900):
> > Thus it would be nice if objects of different type could be in
> > editmode at the same time (currently you can join mesh objects so it
> > is possible for the same object type to be in editmode).
>
> When you join you have a single object not multiple objects (you add
> the mesh data of one to the other). If you want the objects back, you
> have to separate the parts by hand (and recover such info as center,
> name and so on). So currently only one object can be in editmode.

An elegant solution, I think, would be to make as many vertex groups as
there are Objects to join. Each group would bear the name of it's original
object with a suffix added, just in case that there already are other vertex
groups defined in the Object to join. Then when the time to separate back
into the original objects would come, these could get their name back.

Jean