[Bf-funboard] proposal for new feature: DupliMats

Ed Halley ed at halley.cc
Sat Dec 3 23:29:50 CET 2005

I've written up a proposal for a method of implementing a feature I'm
calling DupliMats.  It offers the user a pseudo-random diversity for a
given natural material, such as woodgrain, to give a unique result per
rendered object.

A discussion on the forum:

   http://www.blender.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7528

My draft proposal in detail:

   http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/DupliMats

"Though I am also a proficient C/C++ coder, I have not had the chance to
look at the Blender codebase at all. I'm hoping that I can feign
ignorance of coding and some valiant Blender coding guru can treat this
as a request from a really interested artist."

--
[ e d @ h a l l e y . c c ]