[Bf-funboard] Papers on interface usage ?

zippy trip at spymac.com
Wed Aug 24 05:45:45 CEST 2005

yes but in this you are designing a whole new system, well building
on it but still huge changes. While they would be great just small
things need to be edited right now. Or a whole new design needs to
drafted and *approved by Ton*-stamp*

I am just after what you want but more proactive movement needs to
happen to get it going ..

On Aug 22, 2005, at 7:22 AM, Petter Myrlid Sundnes wrote:

> Are you serious? Too long? It has an animated preview of how it
> will work, and
> then a complete detailed description of its functionality. It is a
> totally new
> way of doing modeling, not just an added feature borrowed from
> another 3d
> application, and such it needs to be described in detail how it works.
>
> Here is a condensed version:
>
> Left mousebutton is used to select and modify geometry
> Right mousebutton is used to create geometry
> Middlemousebutton/scrollwheel is used to modify selection
>

> Has anyone read the proposal? any thougths?
>

> Quoting zippy <trip at spymac.com>:
>

>> Thats a lot of stuff there, Perhaps another look at it and condense
>> it a bit for now so one or two of the features can be analyzed
>> further. Cause everyone has there own idea of what works and what
>> does not,
>>
>> As for Modos Zoom. It Is a zoom button. Where ever the Mouse is
>> located pressing the zoom will zoom smoothly into that cursor, there
>> by removing the need and confusion placement of the 3d cursor. Which
>> leads to a far faster zoom in and out around the screen.
>>

>> On Aug 17, 2005, at 2:47 PM, Petter Myrlid Sundnes wrote:
>>

>>> As an interaction and interface designer as well as a long time 3D
>>> user (mid
>>> 90ies), I have several ideas for the Blender interface and overall
>>> workflow. I
>>> did post a suggestion some time ago, but I dont think I got any
>>> it. It may look long and boring to read, but please give it a
>>> chance, I think
>>> you will find it interesting:
>>>
>>> http://projects.blender.org/pipermail/bf-funboard/2005-April/
>>> 002637.html
>>>
>>> Here is the gif anim explaining my idea as well (should read the
>>> text too, or
>>> else it might be difficult to understand):
>>> http://petter.ms/forum/DiMM.gif
>>>

>>> I have many more ideas as well, and like the suggestion above they
>>> are not just
>>> feature requests found in other 3D applications but rather, totally
>>> new
>>> concepts. (airbrush and bucket-fill materials onto geometry, with