[Bf-funboard] Papers on interface usage ?

alex alex at schnittenparadies.de
Wed Aug 17 18:07:24 CEST 2005

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005, zippy wrote:

> I don't if it is me but rotating around in blenders 3d view is still clunky.
> Like trackballing and orbiting around objects. The view point rotate orbit
> and zoom level is to dependent of the 3d cursor, which in my eye just gets in

Sorry, it is independant of the 3D Cursor, it has its own centre.

> the way or is never in the correct place. It tends to take three view changes
> to realign it so I can center on it and place it where I need, and that is
> still a shot in the dark if it gets moved around.

That must be the most confusing sentence I've ever read... can you elaborate
what the various instances of 'it' refer to?

Also, did you ever hear of Numpad-DEL?

> Modo has a really nice zoom tool and flow of 3d viewport navigation.

How is it 'really nice'? Without details, it's hard to implement something
just knowing that it's "really nice" :)