[Bf-funboard] Question on appending

Vania Smrkovski vania at pandorasdream.com
Wed Sep 15 01:48:55 CEST 2004

joeedh,
	Very interesting architecture.  I've only recently begun to learn Python,
having been a PHP and VB.NET man (day job for the VB) myself.
	In my explorations, I have found myself frequently amazed at the latitudes
Python allows the programmer to have.
	I'm going to study the code swapping, cause you do some interesting things.
I might especially borrow some of it to handle some of my attempts at
emulating SQL stored procedures.  While not strictly necessary, it would help
keep data code separated from logic and interface code, which makes for
easier maintainability.

	But I'm worried about there being too many scripts out there that do similar
things.  I'm sure in my own code I'm re-inventing the wheel, creating utility
classes to wrap Blender objects, to manage the Blender Library module and so
on.  I'm doing it in my project just so I can get some functionality
implemented....

	....But what would be really nice is to have a distribution of Blender
include not just scripts but reusable packages and modules for other BPython
coders.  My secondary aim for my Project Management software is to provide
some utility classes that can be used by others in their scripts, whether
they want to bother with the database and project stuff at all.

	Let me know when you get updates to your py_effects script.

Vania