[Bf-funboard] Question on appending

malefico andauer the3d_hut at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Sep 12 01:19:43 CEST 2004

Hi,

Although I've been using Blender for quite a long time
now, it was just recently that I've needed to use
appending very often and it didn't work just as I
expected, so here are my questions:

Is there a way to import a character in my scene as
"linked" (to make all changes in its single character
file) and still be able to animate it in a "scene"
separate file ? All I could do was linking but this
import the character in a "frozen" state were I
couldn't even change its location. "Appending" of
course let me animate it, but changes in
texture/whatever are not updated in the original file
(what I think is OK).

Is there a "designed" workflow for using "link append"
?

Cheers.

malefico.