[Bf-funboard] Updated Feature Proposal: Different Cursors / Better UV/ Image Editor Behaviors

Daniel Fairhead madprof at uk2.net
Fri Sep 3 22:24:52 CEST 2004

> > After playing around with UV/ Image Editor and vertex color i updated my
> > feature proposal again:
>
> "Why are faces that textures were unassigned always pink at the 3D view at Draw Mode Textured Solid (potato mode)?"
>
> -> For the same reason they are pink in Doom 2. Because you should SEE them!

also, because that pink colour is the default colour of selected objects/verts/etc in blender 3dwin. So
I guess partly originally it was "um, which colour shall we use? oh, yeah, that looks like a good one.
i like that pink!" kind of thing. anyway. we could make up all sorts of legends about it, if you want,
and start the blender myths site, with all kinds of rumours and old stories from the dawn of DNA,
about creators, avatons, monkeys called suzanne, and gruad!! yeah! that would be fun.

Dan