[Bf-funboard] Features and wishlists from competitors

Jean-Luc Peurière jlp at nerim.net
Wed Sep 1 23:16:44 CEST 2004

Le 1 sept. 04, à 21:01, Tom Musgrove a écrit :

> I've gone through and read every wishlist and feature request item in
> some of our competitors forums.  (mostly zbrush and silo, but working
> on others)
>
> I've also gone through and read the complete manuals (and user guides)
> and extracted every unique feature I've found from about a number of
> our competitors (Every major particle system on the market (and lots
> of minor ones), the major 3d painting and sculpting tools, every
> significant hair system, every significant tool for parametric human
> and creature creation, every parametric plant and tree tool, every
> significant cloth tool, and some other lesser categories).

> So.... how best to provide this information for you all?  I plan on
> posting the processed information to the blender wiki requests area,
> and I can post chunks at a time to the BF funboard, the blender tools
> forum, etc.

Please don't spread the information on many places, this would only
dilute meaningfull answers and add noise. One central place is better.
Wiki is for that imho the best.

The wiki has not been advertised yet as it's still experimental. note
it's not the place to discuss, only the proposal, so maybe you want to
make a thread on b.org forums which point to the relevant wiki page.

my 0.015 euros

--
Jean-luc