[Bf-funboard] painting to define local decimation level

Nick Winters nickrwinters at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 05:25:35 CEST 2004

Shouldn't the major problems be fixed first?

that materials, and uv coordinates are not preserved.  Also, that
concave that flat subdivided surfaces [imagine a C shape, filled and
subdivided] can produce faces which have the wrong normal, or go
outside of the original shape.

maybe the implementation should be changed? [I don't know exactly how
it works, but it appears to colapse edges from less of a fold to more
until desired number of faces are reached]

check out
http://graphics.cs.uiuc.edu/~garland/research/quadrics.html