[Bf-funboard] Un-build effect

Konrad Haenel public at konrad-haenel.de
Thu Nov 25 01:35:24 CET 2004

You mention something very interesting here:

"Setting the alpha on a face is not particularly processor intensive,
even for large meshes, and since it's a relatively obscure effect, it
seems down grading it to the status of "plug-in" seems logical. "

Is setting an alpha to faces of objects really so simple? I was looking
for an object-based alpha-value (independent from the materials used)
for quite some time in blender. This would really come in handy in
countless situations (I made liberal use of that in MAX), I can't stress
enough how much I am missing this. It may either be a plugin or an
object property, I don't care as long as I can easily assign and animate it.