[Bf-funboard] Sky Generator

Chris Burt desoto at blender.spaceisbig.com
Mon Nov 8 15:57:59 CET 2004

DetectiveThorn,

First of all let me be the first to ask when you're "coming back" to the
Blender development process. I see you posting to the mailing lists and
I have to say that I don't think I'm the only one that misses your help.

Secondly, this idea is wonderful and I think that JesterKing has already
begun work with an SQL system that would work perfectly with it even
_remotely_. This would mean that your library of materials could be
accessible via a remote server, and you could actually save your
information directly the net. (not to mention the possibilities of using
Verse for data being access by multiple users on multiple clients) Since
many web hosts do daily data backups, this could be the perfect way to
store and retrieve frequently reused elements of blend files without
working about backing them up to DVD. My mind is dizzy with ideas now
and I hope you attend a Sunday meeting soon to bring some more of this
into light. I'm already very excited just thinking about it.

I could go on and on with ideas about how great this would be, but I
know nobody wants to read that ;) I hope to hear from you soon!

/Chris Burt/