[Bf-funboard] PocketPC Port

Kent Mein mein at cs.umn.edu
Thu Nov 4 14:15:36 CET 2004

>          There has been a fair amount of talk on the forums these days
> about a PocketPC port. Has anyone on this mailing list had much
> experience with the code of the old port? I just got a Dell Axim
> (624Mhz) and am itching to have it flex it's muscles with Blender. I
> don't have much time, but I would be willing to take a crack at it. Any
> ideas as to what all was involved in the old port? Did it use an OpenGL
> clone, or some other API?
>
> Timothy Baldridge

I don't know much about the old port.
If I remember right it was Pre Ghost and used GLUT.

I do have a couple of pointers though.
If you haven't you should first get a successful build on windows/linux
or some other platform working.  Cross compiling is tricky and doing this
will give you a feel for how things should work.

For OpenGL for PocketPC I would check out opengles:
http://www.khronos.org/devu/opengles_challenge/

http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein/blender/paper.txt is sort of a
"roadmap" for a new developer and it might be of some use for you.

I haven't had the time to dump it on the blender3d site yet but
will do so in the near future.(as soon as I get caught up at work again.)

Kent
mein at cs.umn.edu
http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein