[Bf-funboard] More layer-states?

Konrad Haenel public at konrad-haenel.de
Tue Nov 2 13:21:51 CET 2004

Hi there,

while working on a scene today I started missing another feature:

How about more layer-states than visible/invisible ?

I normally store my light-setup in a seperate layer. One reason is that
I will hardly have to work on it anymore once I got it finished and the
other is that all these lights really clutter the screen and I'm glad I
can get rid of them. But I always have to remember to reactivate the
light-layer before rendering some test-image. Don't ask me how how often
I forget to do this and  I get senseless renderings from this workflow.
This got me thinking:

Wouldn't it be nice if I could set a layer invisible yet renderable?
This might come in handy in many situations. Whenever I have to finetune
some object/animation but want to render it together with elements which
are stored on other layers I'd use this.

Perhaps CTRL-clicking on layer-buttons could be used to set the
"renderable"-state.

Greets,

Konrad