AW: [Bf-funboard] Render to texture
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 20:46:37 +0200
Thats another important thing still missing. Anyway, it would speed up
rendering, if nothing really moves in the scene.
It would be great to use photons for that job and to be able to really look
at the unwraped textures afterwards. For that they should be stored
somewhere as tgas or jpg (maybe only an option for exporting them as tga)...
[mailto:email@example.com]Im Auftrag von Nikola Radovanovic
Gesendet: Sonntag, 28. Marz 2004 00:51
An: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Betreff: [Bf-funboard] Render to texture
Did anyone think to implement render to texture feature in Blender.
It is great stuff, for games in first place, better than radiosity.
I think that think like that is better to be done in c++(integrated)
than in python (like plugin) for batter performance, and maybe is
simpler to be done.
* Maybe I can make it by myself in python, but it will take forever, I
bet that there is much better programers in there.
There is the step what I can propose:
1. Calculating total face number of selected object.
2. Dividing selected texture matrix (128x128, 256x256, ...) to fit
total face number in it, so we got size of small image what should be
render for one face. That size also can be different depending on face area.
3. Making a ortho camera normal to face and render an image, do that
for all selected faces in object.
4. Collect all render images in one big (128x128, 256x256, ...), save
it and import in blender.
5. Make unwrap coordinates for selected face to match rendered image.
I think that it is not so complicated to do that. There is field
rendering, I think that it can be used for my approach.
Till it be implemented in Blender I will be forced to use 3DSMax for
making textures with realistic shadows with not complex radio objects.
Serbian Blender Community
Bf-funboard mailing list