[Bf-funboard] Proposal - Reading Zipped/Bzipped/Gzipped fonts

Joal Heagney bf-funboard@blender.org
Sun, 27 Jun 2004 12:53:46 +1000

Hi,

I use Mandrake linux as my operating system, and one little problem that I have, is that it supplies a LARGE amount of fonts with the system, but compresses them down with gzip.
As a result blender can't read or import the font when using the text tool or setting application fonts. Would it be possible to allow blender to transparently read (b/g)zipped fonts? As it is I have to go into the system and uncompress the fonts I'm interested in using.

Thank you,

Joal Heagney/AncientHart