[Bf-funboard] Render Grid Feature Proposal

Garth Williamson bf-funboard@blender.org
Sun, 27 Jun 2004 10:43:31 +1200

Chris Burt wrote:

> This is a link to something hmetalcowgirl and I are working on at the
> moment.  We're making pretty good progress so far.  I thought I would
> post it here to get some ideas flowing about it.  Feedback is
> important.  (Hence the 1.2 version number at the top)  People seem to
> be getting this confused with render farming and what not, but the
> real purpose lies in having more control over border render, which
> leads to many other side benefits/possibilities.  Take a look if you
> have time and make a comment if you wish.  We can be reached in
> #blendercoders, and #hmetalcowgirl.  Likewise, you can reach me at
> desoto at blender dot spaceisbig dot com and hmetalcowgirl can be
> reached at hmetalcowgirl at sarkasmic dot exenex dot com.  I hope you
> guys like this stuff so far.  Here's the link:
>
> http://blender.spaceisbig.com/render_grid

Damnit, I had replyed to this, but of course mail broke down s i was
sending. Basicly:
instead of selecting with mouse you should be able to select:
xPartToRender: 3
yPartToRender: 5
which renders the 3rd column and the 5th row of the grid. You should
also have these options availible from the command line:
blender -b -section 3 5 bigHugeBlend.blend
which would be really useful for network render operations

Actually, xparts and yparts is already used, you could name them
sections or something?

So about terseness, am really annoyed that I had to tyopr this again

Garth