[Bf-funboard] Feature request: relative filenames for linked .blend files

Jorrit Tyberghein bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 16:01:08 +0200

Hi all,

As far as I understand it it seems that when you link two .blend files,
then the path
to the linked .blend file is stored hardcoded and fully qualified (i.e.
like this:
c:\bla\library.blend).

This is VERY annoying for me. I'm trying to setup a distributed blender
project
where there is one master .blend file and then several libraries which
can be used
by other people. But if they have to use the same dir structure as I am
using
then that's very annoying (also impossible on linux if you can't write
to the root
folder of your HD).

So would it be possible to have a way to specify the path to a library
relative
to the file that is linking it? That way one can easily move around the
.blend files.
I believe that for image files this is already working like that.

Greetings,