[Bf-funboard] Copying constraints between bones

Martin Poirier bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 11:37:35 -0700 (PDT)

I agree, this would be a really useful feature.

Easier ways to create constraints have been discussed
already, it's on my to do list (which just keeps
growing and growing apparently :P ). By this I mean
ways like Parenting and Tracking. Select a couple of
objects, select the target of the constraint, hit a
menu item or hotkey and select the constraint you want
to add to the selected objects.

The problems with Bones is that there is no Active
bone like there is an Active object to copy
constraints from. However, I think this only applies
to edit mode for bones, since Pose Mode sort of has an
Active bone (the one to which you add constraints).
This was a problem for AutoIK, since, IIRC, you can't
add bones in pose mode (without being too hackish I
mean).

Anyway, this was just to let you know that this is
more or less already on someone's todo list.

Martin