[Bf-funboard] Cutting the Stencil Mode chain

malefico andauer bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 08:51:11 -0300 (ART)

Hi, I wonder if this is a good idea...

Sometimes I wish stencil mode would work in only a few
channels for a certain texture, and some other channel
for a second texture. Let's say I have a "white
square" (texture #1) and want it to use it as a
stencil for the following two textures(#2 and #3),
then I have a white triangle (text #4) and wanted it
to use it as a stencil for the FOLLOWING two channels
ONLY (textures #5 and #6).
Currently it would result in later two channels being
filtered thru BOTH stencils, right ? What I meant was
that the first stencil only worked on textures #2 and
#3.

I was thinking of an extra parameter which indicates
for how many channels the stencil would work. Or a way
to "cut out" the stencil chain and start another one.
I  thought that a "null texture" ("None" type maybe)
would  be useful for that purpose, just like
constraints work.

AnywaY, If someone understood anything, please
consider it. Thanks !

malefico.

Correo Yahoo! - 6 MB, tecnología antispam ¡gratis!
 Suscribite ya http://correo.yahoo.com.ar/