[Bf-funboard] Object manager update (Luke)

Thorsten Wilms bf-funboard@blender.org
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:38:15 +0100

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 01:17:12AM +1000, Luke Wenke wrote:

> > No way, introducing even more complexity to the selection business would
> > be very bad. Selection in the hierrarchy should work like in 3d views.
>
> Selection (and making something active) in the 3D views works the way I
> described it - except that the RMB (and shift-RMB) is used rather than the
> LMB (and shift-LMB) -

Oh, then I did not pay enough attention. But I have to ask you
why in hell you described something in detail, when "just like
currently in 3d views, except using LMB in place of RMB" would
have been sufficient? :)

I just hope selection with LMB will happen in a not to far away
update. In the worst case I might learn enough of C and Blender
codebase to create a patch (just for myself, or anybody who wants
to have it, but don't wait for this to happen ...).

> What if you inserted an icon in the title you wouldn't need room for an
> extra column - it's just that the text in the title would be shifted to the
> right a bit. The active icon could be an *asterisk or a red circle. (maybe
> with a little space after the icon/symbol?)

And all the names would jump around ...

Thanks for your thoughts, Luke. I think there will be an update this
weekend, so just wait and see :)