[Bf-funboard] Object manager update

Luke Wenke bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 04:33:55 +1000

Hi,
I like that latest update:
http://wrstud.urz.uni-wuppertal.de/~ka0394/en/blender_ui/layers/manager_03.png
It reminds me a bit of Cararra 3D (which has a pretty elegant UI).
Could you clarify something? Is "Head" layer 1, "Background" layer 2,
"Mystery" layer 3, etc?
I agree that the RMB should be used for a context menu though it usually is
used to select things in blender. (usually shift-RMB is used as well, except
in the case of the file-browser-type windows)
"Selected entries (always same as in 3d views) are shown in orange, the one
active item in a negative style"
Note that in blender, an item can be selected and active - or it can be
unselected and active... so do you think it should be blue (in that example)
when it is active, regardless of whether it is selected or unselected? (I
personally think there should be 4 types of colours - active selected,
active unselected, inactive selected, inactive unselected - or the
active/selected system could be changed throughout blender).
BTW, for scrolling, I think home, end, mousewheel, pageup, pagedown,
up-arrow and down-arrow should be used for scrolling.
I'm too confused by that locking/visibility stuff at the moment but I think
the first two icons (no render and visible?) aren't very obvious.
- Luke.