[Bf-funboard] Weight painting ui

Fabrizio bf-funboard@blender.org
Sun, 25 Jan 2004 11:04:55 +0100

Hi,

> I think it would be much improved by a few minor additions, like
> 1) ability to see the verts and edges while painting.

It's already possible though you have to do it manually (Won't work properly
at the moment coz there is a bug where subsurf doesn't show in weight paint
mode):

Just switch on Wire and switch sub-surf Optimal on.  (Though I think these
should happen automatically when you enter Weight paint mode )

> 2) a different color scheme (the current one is something only a
> programmer could love -- using intensity rather than a random path
> through various hues would be much better I think)

I agree with Theeth about this. It's very clear when you get used to it.

My feature suggestions would be:

a) switch on Wire and switch sub-surf Optimal on when entering weight paint
mode automatically.
b) a way to cycle through weight groups (When you're trying to find out
which group  is affecting which vertex, cycling through 20plus groups
through a drop-down isn't fun or fast or practicle)
c) Ability to choose a vertex group by clicking on a bone of the parent
armature while in weight paint mode.
d) Way to select a weight by clicking on a colour on the mesh itself (Like
with vertex paint)

Regarding (b). It would be nice to have a way to always cycle through
pulldown menus (ie. not only for vertex groups) Will explain why in seperate
post.

Regards,
Fabrizio