[Bf-funboard] Since you're talking about headers...

Daniel Barbeau bf-funboard@blender.org
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 22:48:42 +0100

Hello!

There's one thing that bugs me with the panel headers, essentially in
the Buttons Window.

Have you noticed how, in the actual versiosn, the "frame number
button" skips from one place to another each time you change the panel
your working in (Edition, Logic, Materials, objects, scripts... yes,
those six buttons...) and how other sub-buttons appear, like in the
"F10 buttons", or the "Materials buttons".
This is very messy and confusing! "where was that button?" "gosh, that
frame slider won't stop moving!"
I'd suggest something like in the attachement. no, i found some
webspace: check it here:
http://dani2.chez.tiscali.fr/blheaders2.jpg
(copy & paste if doesn't work)
The Frame slider is put further to the left (I also considered putting
it completely on the right end of the header, but it could be too far
away).
The sub-buttons are all shown after the ">>" sign, which should
indicate that what's on the left of that sign gives acces to what is
on the right, i.e. that the sub-buttons depend on the panel buttons.
The unavailable buttons are greyed of and a little darker, the
available buttons remain the same as actually...

What do you think of this?

Ciao
Dani
BTW... are attachements allowed on the funboard?