[Bf-funboard] Panel headers (more mockups)

Thorsten Wilms bf-funboard@blender.org
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 17:25:59 +0100

On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 03:02:40AM +1100, Matt Ebb wrote:

> On 11 Jan 2004, at 2:29 AM, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> >So up to now every version (including current implementation) has
> >serious problems.
>
> Well, I wouldn't say 'serious'  - the current implementation is still
> very usable, even if there are some areas where it could be better.  On
> the other hand, there is also this sort of angle, which people didn't
> prefer the first time around, but perhaps something along those lines
> would be more usable:
> http://mke3.net:9000/blender/ui/layout/panel_single_tab.png

Ok, serious is too hard. Better say I'm just not happy with it.

Your mockup goes in an interesting direction! But with single tab
panels the connection between disclosure triangle and whole panel
is not clear enough (maybe add a top and left border in the same
gray as triangle background).
And inactive tabs in negative conflicts with option-buttons!

I think I have enough of making mockups for today, but might look
into this again quite soon.

---
Thorsten