[Bf-funboard] Panel headers (mockups)

Matt Ebb bf-funboard@blender.org
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 21:12:25 +1100

--Apple-Mail-1-933065171
	delsp=yes;
	format=flowed

> Well, I think you replaced one problem with another one.
> Now the active tab doesn't look like it belongs to the panel.

Yes, that's true.

> http://wrstud.urz.uni-wuppertal.de/~ka0394/en/blender_ui/panel_tabs/
> panel_simplified.png
>
> Black on dark gray is not so good, so I created this:
>
> http://wrstud.urz.uni-wuppertal.de/~ka0394/en/blender_ui/panel_tabs/
> panel_outline.png
>
> Maybe a bit subtle, but there's room for tweaking.
>
> What do you think?

Nah, the problem with that is that there's no definition between the
panel and the panel header. The panel header is a quite separate UI
control in itself (for the purposes of dragging, selecting tabs,
collapsing, etc) and this needs to be shown. The black text and
triangle also stand out quite a lot and look a bit ugly floating out
there like that.

Hrm...

matt
--Apple-Mail-1-933065171

<excerpt>Well, I think you replaced one problem with another one.

</color></excerpt>

Yes, that's true.

<excerpt>http://wrstud.urz.uni-wuppertal.de/~ka0394/en/blender_ui/panel_tabs/panel_simplified.png

Black on dark gray is not so good, so I created this:

http://wrstud.urz.uni-wuppertal.de/~ka0394/en/blender_ui/panel_tabs/panel_outline.png

Maybe a bit subtle, but there's room for tweaking.

What do you think?

</excerpt>