[Bf-funboard] Panel headers

Matt Ebb bf-funboard@blender.org
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 17:30:33 +1100

After some comments from Ton, I've been looking to improve the panel
headers a bit. I don't know how much of a problem it is for other
people, but the current colouring seems a bit un-intuitive in some
areas..

Here are the current panels:
http://mke3.net:9000/blender/ui/layout/panel_current.png

Notice how usually the un-tabbed panel names are in white. However when
the panels are tabbed, the active panel name is in black, while the
inactive panel name is in white. This isn't so good when you're tying
to check things at a glance - it's confusing since the active panel
name doesn't stand out well, and the inactive panel looks more like the
other active panels.

Here's an idea for a small tweak to improve this inconsistency:
http://mke3.net:9000/blender/ui/layout/panel_rfc.png

Active panel name is now white, and the tab is the same colour as the
other headers. The header colour (behind the tabs) is darkened
slightly, and the inactive panel name is now grey instead of white.

I'd like to add this to CVS, but thought it would be best to mention it
here first just in case.

Cheers

Matt