[Bf-funboard] Python Access Before Renderface Generation

Willian Padovani Germano bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 21:31:22 -0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roland Hess" <rolandh@reed-witting.com>
To: <bf-funboard@blender.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 11:01 AM
Subject: [Bf-funboard] Python Access Before Renderface Generation

Hi,

> With the current work going on, I propose that a new object script
> link type be created in addition to "redraw" and "frame".

Yes, I don't remember if it was you who proposed something like this --
probably, since you say that you're proposing it again.  It's indeed a
good idea and now and then I think about how to implement it.  It's on
my todo list, probably for after the current work on scripts in menus.

Instead of scriptlinks we can also define "python objects", that are
normal blender objects but are linked to a script instead of a mesh
datablock, for example.  So they have object properties and use a script
to define their actual representation for rendering (and displaying, if
needed).  By parenting relations, these python objs can be linked to
other objects that govern its behavior, like mesh lines defining size /
direction of growth for hair, for example.

Of course if we'll use scriptlinks, python objs, a simple pointer to a
script at the obj datablock or whatever is open for tests / discussion.

--
Willian, wgermano@ig.com.br