[Bf-funboard] Integrated Blender Web Browser Proposal

Justin Pease bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 06 Jan 2004 08:44:03 -0600

Hmm.   My first reaction is that it is just extra baggage.  Having a built in browser could
slightly reduce the screen space needed to view docs / tuts, compared to just resizing
blender and a web browser next to it.  That is the only benefit I see.  In exchange for that
benefit it would "cost" us added code to develop and maintain which has absolutely no
direct 3D / Animation use.  For "Help" I would also suggest just popping open the default
browser, like many other apps do.

I would rather Blender developers stay focused on 3D & Animation tools.  For a browser
I have plenty of choices (I prefer Firebird), most of which will have better development
and support than Blender would be able to offer.

And as far as screen real estate, to me a far better solution would be to just cough up
like $25 and buy a used 15" monitor at a pawn shop and a cheap PCI video card and
use the second monitor for your browser window.

--

Justin Pease
Web Developer / Designer

(n9) Nuance9