AW: [Bf-funboard] Render Buttons proposal

Benjamin Freundorfer bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 13:47:51 +0100

Hi!

Well, at first I liked the idea very much, presets only affect a few
settings. But then I realised, I would mainly use my own customised
presets to switch between a preview mode and final mode:

for example:
"2.35-preview": (radiosity, mblur, raytracing, etc. turned off, only
giving an idea of what the animation will look like)
"2.35-final+yafray": (everything turned on, even using yafray as
renderer)
etc.

So, for me they should affect everything, also edge settings.
Nevertheless, the range should NOT be included into the presets.

I think the buttons are very well grouped, as William Reynish designed
them (http://www.shadeless.dk/ui/renderbuttons.htm).
But two buttons ("save" and "delete"<--pretty obvious what they'd do)
should be added just next to the dropdown of presets. And when u
shift-click an the dropdown u should be able to rename the current
setting. When u change settings, the name could either become "custom"
or "[presetname].001". But when your settings eventually match a preset,
there is no need to automatically switch back to that preset.

Btw, is openGL to be included as renderer? At version 3.30 it was. And
it came in very handy for previewing an animation.

benjamin

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----