[Bf-funboard] True Texture Baking

Juan Julio Peña Mena jjulio.pena at verizon.net.do
Wed Dec 22 15:48:12 CET 2004

> you can bake vertex colors, however the problem with baking radiosity
> is that you need to get the same uv coordinates on the start and
> resulting mesh.

First, could you please explain me (yes, I know this isn't a user
support forum) how exactly you baked the vertex colors into the
texture?  ... if that can be done then it is totally cool, because
surrounding light can already be recorded on the vextex colors.

Second.. If the resulting mesh comes from subdivind the original mesh,
wich was already UV Mapped before the subdivision.. why you can't reuse
the baked texture on the lower resolution mesh?