[Bf-funboard] True Texture Baking

Nick Winters nickrwinters at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 17:42:38 CET 2004

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 17:25:08 +0100, Bart <bart at neeneenee.de> wrote:

> Collected some infos about Texture Baking in my feature proposal:
>
> Radiosity Texture Baking
> http://www.neeneenee.de/blender/features/#17

I've seen that, why does it have a frames/sec input?

... well anway, I've been playing with a script to automatcally uvmap
one or more meshes [needs a lot of work], but it seems finding a way
to bake things like shadows is somewhat more of a problem

my current uvmapping script does sort of a cube unfold and puts all
texture regions on a single square texture

I hope to revise it to put regions onto textures up to a
[user-specified] maximum size, both letting me precisely control the
space between texture regions, and letting me control the size of
texture regions.

[far from final]
http://geocities.com/z3r0_d/files/autouv_z3r0_mesh4.py.txt

so, yeah, how should I bake lighting?
it turns out that you can't use envmaps because they will not line up
when applied back to the mesh...

oh, and your link:
http://cubizen.net/tt/board/ttboard.cgi?act=read&db=3dsmax&page=1&idx=4
doesn't seem to work [not only that it is in korean], no images load