[Bf-funboard] HPVM

Baldridge, Timothy tbaldridge at alertacademy.com
Mon Dec 20 16:24:14 CET 2004

These past few weeks I have been coding a project called HPVM (Heterogeneous Parallel Virtual Machine). Basically it is a cross platform, cross OS version of PVM (Parallel Virtual Machine).  It works by splitting the Application code from the cross-platform kernel code. This kernel (once it's compiled) can then be "spawned" across any number of machines regardless of their OS/proc type.  I'm thinking this could greatly improve the simplicity of programming/using a render farm in Blender. At any rate, I have a 28KB zip file with the design docs from the project I will send to anyone who is interested. It currently works in Linux (x86), but I hope to finish the port to Win32 this week. After that could come MacOS X, BSD, Irix, etc. If anyone is interested in discussing this, please e-mail me personally at : tbaldridge at alertacademy dot com

Timothy Baldridge