[Bf-funboard] Shadow casting particles

car trip at spymac.com
Mon Dec 20 16:05:50 CET 2004

If you put two particles or for that matter two meshes with the same
texture together they will share the sam texture space and will sort of
'blob' together .  But the question then is why can particles not just
be fixed to have shadows as an option ? Like who cares what the theory
is behind them, just let them have shadows as a button.. Would be
helpful.

But I don't want to start a fight. Besides all of the particules in OT
programs I have seen no longer use halos they use textured planes that
can change color falloff size and dynamics to make realistic effects
like flame and water