[Bf-funboard] 3DS Max now supports bump mapping!

trip trip at spymac.com
Sun Dec 5 18:24:54 CET 2004

You are missing something here.
A displacement map is fast. Blenders displacement mapping is slow and
need a huge number of mesh to for at render time, we have that button
to give it more mesh but it really needs to get usefull fast as
anything over 6 eats it's lunch. A real use of blenders would be to use
normal maps for fine minute detail and displacement for the mesh
displace.

Either way Blender needs normal maps , and a faster displacement
mapper, also it needs to be able to displace the mesh while mesh
editing.